Advanced Clinical Skills for Management of Breastfeeding, Cry-fuss, Sleep and Mood Problems: Masterclasses in Neuroprotective Developmental Care
('The Possums Programs').
Breastfeeding difficulties and unsettled behaviour are modifiable risk factors for postnatal depression, yet parents report being overwhelmed by conflicting advice; babies are often treated with pharmaceutical and surgical interventions which don’t improve outcomes; and many breastfeeding problems remain unidentified and unmanaged though women seek the help of multiple providers. Join our 2023 online modularised masterclasses for clinical upskilling! Our Masterclasses offer you the foundational evidence-base; now, in response to demand from our participants, we are offering you opportunity to learn and practice the specific NDC clinical skillsets. We'd love to have you join us!
Benefits of our Masterclasses:
- CPD hours/points (please note hours/points with the colleges are yet to be confirmed for 2023-25 triennium)
- Networking and collegiality
- Join in discussions, ask questions
- Practice new skills with educator support
- Discounted opportunity to join NDC Accreditation Pathway and access portal resources
For those unable to join our 2023 online Live Modularised Masterclasses, our Masterclasses are also now available to view whenever you wish, once you join the NDC accreditation pathway. Viewing them online whenever you wish costs $500 AUD, but they are automatically available at no extra cost to NDC accreditation participants who have already done the Masterclasses F2F. Our Masterclasses online include speakers from all Masterclasses to date. Click here to see the content.
Here you can view some video excerpts.
- Why having the skills to apply an effective intervention for infant dysregulation is so important
- Unexpected outcomes of sleep training (or first wave behavioural) approaches to parent-infant sleep
- Popular approaches to breastfeeding which aren't consistent with the gestalt model (and which often disrupt breastfeeding success)
- Supporting healthy function of the sleep regulators throughout childhood
- Sleep pressure and toddlers
- Dr Krystyna de Lange demonstrates an infant oromotor assessment
Sleep. By Possums
Our baby and toddler sleep program works with your child's biology, not against it.
The Possums Clinic
The Possums Clinic Brisbane is now offering inclinic consultations and home visits. For online consultations, click here.
Possums Parent Hub (PIPPS)
Possums Parent Hub (PIPPS) gives you access to the support of other parents in closed groups and a wealth of Possums’ resources.