Program for Providers and Educators Live Online Modules July 2022
Modules in Neuroprotective Developmental Care
Who can come: Providers and Educators
We are now offering an educational opportunity for providers and educators who work with parents with babies.
In recent years, we've been approached regularly by people from a range of disciplines around the world who work with parents and babies - doulas, bodywork therapists, breastfeeding counsellors, childcare workers, complementary therapists, IBCLCs who don't have a health professional background, and others - who are keen to learn how to use our work within their own practice. We acknowledge the importance of the work that is done by a wide range of providers and educators whose qualification and scope of practice doesn't fall in the category of registered health professional. (If you are a health professional who is registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency, or the equivalent within your own country, we invite you to click here for more information about NDC Accreditation and our NDC Masterclasses for Health Professionals).
Now, as promised, we are offering an interdisciplinary NDC Program for Providers and Educators, which offers innovative evidence-based strategies to use as you work with new families facing breastfeeding, sleep and unsettled infant behaviour challenges, and as you promote parent well-being in the perinatal period.
By joining our live online NDC Program for Providers and Educators, you can learn about:
- Neuroprotective Developmental Care (NDC or The Possums Programs)
- The gestalt biomechanical model of infant suck and swallow during breastfeeding, and how that translates into supporting breastfeeding women
- The Possums Baby and Toddler Sleep Program (This program is now available inside Milk & Moon, our exciting new home for parents)
- The five domain approach to cry-fuss problems, and how to use the NDC visual tool
- Powerful Acceptance and Commitment Therapy strategies for the support of emotional well-being in the perinatal period.
There are three steps in this education program.
- Completion of online Introductory Workshop 1 "Evidence-based care of mothers and babies"
- Completion of online Introductory Workshop 2 "Acceptance and Commitment Therapy for Perinatal and Infant Mental Health"
- Completion of live online NDC Modules. Our next live online NDC Modules will be held in 2.5 hour blocks over 3 weeks, commencing Thursday 28 July 2022. The modules include "live" demonstrations with volunteer patients and relevant power point presentations.
To access the full program, please click here
Please ensure you have read our code of ethics prior to registration
Each Participant will receive:
- NDC Modules program
- NDC Modules workbook
- Flashcards for the Possums Sleep Program and for a Gestalt Breastfeeding intervention
- Instructions on how to use zoom
- Statement of Attendance
"I really wanted to say thank you for making this training for non health professionals who work with families. The training was so fantastic. Renee is a really engaging teacher and I loved seeing the consultations in action. I am really pleased I did this training and I am looking forward to helping families parent in a way that feels right to them and is supported by current research. Thank you again."
Melissa, Moruya, NSW
Registration cancellations must be in writing. Cancellations made before 10 July 2022 will be refunded less a $100 administration fee. No registration refunds will be made after this date. However, your registration may be transferred to another person before 10 July 2022 without penalty. Transfers made on or after 11 July 2022 will incur a $75 processing fee. Possums & Co. must be advised in writing of any cancellation, alteration or transfer.
NDC Program for Providers and Educators Live Online Modules Registration July 2022
AUD 350.00EUR 275.00USD 275.00GBP 200.00