Health Professional Workshop (Goondiwindi) - F2F and Live Online
Who can come: Health professionals. (If you are a student, please email email@example.com.)
1- 4 pm Friday 12 November 2021
Join with Dr Pamela Douglas for a relaxed and interactive 3 hour workshop for registered health professionals - either F2F or Live Online.
Topic: Update on the management of breastfeeding challenges and unsettled infant behaviour in the first six months of life
It’s been estimated that there is a 15-year gap between evidence and practice, which explains why so much of what we offer in Neuroprotective Developmental Care seems very different to the advice parents commonly receive from their health professionals.
Jump the gap! This three-hour seminar is an interactive discussion focussed on what’s new in the research concerning management of breastfeeding, cry-fuss and sleep problems, and how this evidence translates into clinical practice. Updates include the topics:
- Breast inflammation including mastitis (… including why we shouldn’t advise women to massage a blocked duct or mastitis!)
- Breastfeeding-related nipple pain and damage (… including why moist wound management can worsen nipple damage!)
- Proton pump inhibitors and the fussy, back-arching baby (including the latest on PPI side-effects in infants)
- Allergy, unsettled baby behaviour, and the gut microbiome (including the latest on management of infant haematochezia)
- Environmental enrichment and why the concept of infant overstimulation is more and more outdated
- Healthy infant sleep (including results of the Sleep, Baby and You trial in the UK – adapted from the Possums Sleep Program)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy in the perinatal period
There’s a lot that’s new. It would be great to see you there! No ‘Death by PowerPoint’ – just a lively forum in which you can hear what’s been happening in the evidence-base which informs Neuroprotective Developmental Care (or the Possums programs), and ask questions including from your own practice.
The workshop is a positive and inclusive space, and provides an opportunity to meet other health professionals in rural communities. Please note Possums & Co. is a RACGP Educator and if you are a GP, you'll be able to self log this activity for CPD points. There will also be a panel open to the public in the morning - please click here for more information or to register for this public event. Make a day of it!
The House Goondiwindi, 165 Marshall Street Goondiwindi, Qld. *We will also live stream the workshop for those who are not able to attend in person (please see below)
The workshop will be recorded and available to purchase post the event (subject to copyright approvals). Relevant presentations will be uploaded to the Possums & Co. website December 2021.
Registration cancellations must be in writing. Cancellations made before 1 November 2021 will be refunded less a $20 administration fee. No registration refunds will be made after this date. Possums & Co. must be advised in writing of any cancellation, alteration or transfer.
NDC Rural Workshop
AUD 80.00EUR 0.00USD 0.00GBP 0.00
NDC Rural Workshop Live Stream
AUD 50.00EUR 35.00USD 40.00GBP 30.00