Accreditation in Neuroprotective Developmental Care (NDC or 'The Possums Programs') offers health professionals innovative clinical tools and a wealth of resources for assisting parents with breastfeeding, sleep, unsettled infant behaviour and mental health challenges.
NDC is an integrated and evidence-based approach to the care of babies and their families. It has been developed, peer reviewed, and published over the past 15 years from an integration of the research across the fields of neuroscience and medical science, lactation science, the psychology of attachment, evolutionary medicine, and applied functional contextualism. We invite you to become part of a groundbreaking, evidence-based movement for change in early life care!
There are three steps to becoming an NDC accredited practitioner.
- Completion of pre-requisite Certification Workshops: "Evidence-based care of mothers and babies" and "Acceptance and Commitment Therapy for Perinatal and Infant Mental Health" currently available online (2 x $95 or 2 x $50 if you are also registered for a Masterclass);
- Completion of two-day Masterclasses currently scheduled for 9-10 March Brisbane, 21-22 June Sydney, 14-15 September 2019 Toowoomba, and 18-19 October 2019 (2 days total $500/$450); we have Masterclasses Online (same cost) available for viewing in your own time, for those who have registered with the NDC Accreditation pathway but can't attend F2F;
- Completion of NDC Accreditation Pathway (Stream 1 = health professionals: $370 registration; Stream 2 = medical doctors: $450 registration).
You can do the Masterclasses first before undertaking the NDC Accreditation Pathway, or you could join up now to the NDC Accreditation Pathway and do the Masterclasses later on. Accreditation is renewed every 3 years, pending successful completion of re-assessment and payment of a fee which is half that initially paid.
If you join the NDC Accreditation Pathway you'll have immediate access to:
- Live NDC Network Hours, facilitated by Dr Pamela Douglas 7 am AEST Fridays or Ms Renee Keogh 7 am AEST Thursdays (using Zoom videoconferencing), available for support and case discussion whenever you want to tune in throughout your three-year registration (minimum attendance 12 hours). Live Network Hours offer Small Group Learning and Evidence-based Medicine Journal Club ALMs Category A 40 points x 2 through RACGP.
- Closed NDC Network Facebook pages for health professional peer support
- NDC clinical tools including videos and sets of photographs for use in your consultations
- NDC parent handouts
- Practice set-up list
- Research publications detailing the NDC evidence-base
- Powerpoints of presentations by Dr Pamela Douglas (2015 onwards)
- 12 hours of videoed presentations of evidence-update ("New Clinical Tools: Mood, Breastfeeds, Sleep and Crying- the Possums' Conference" February 2017)
- Handbook of core NDC competencies - made available at Masterclasses
- Handbook of key strategies from Acceptance and Commitment Therapy suitable for perinatal consultations
- Multi-choice exam pre and post-course
- Three hours of observation in consultations with Dr Pamela Douglas or Ms Renee Keogh at the Possums Education + Research Centre, by Zoom or face-to-face
- Completion of two day Masterclasses
On completion, you'll receive
- Logo use and credentialling document: NDC Accredited Practitioner
- Promotion of your name, your website and your location on possumsonline.com
- The option of renewing your accreditation every 3 years at half the initial price
- The option of licensing the right to set up a Possums Clinic.
Inquiries: please email email@example.com
If you are an early adopter of NDC Accreditation, you will benefit from the current heavily discounted fees, and acknowledgement as an NDC Accreditation Early Adopter.
Health Professional Accreditation