Community-based Neuroprotective Developmental Care is an integrated and evidence-based approach to the care of babies and their families, also known as 'the Possums programs'. NDC has been developed, peer reviewed, and published over the past 13 years from an integration of the research across the fields of neuroscience and medical science, lactation science, the psychology of attachment, evolutionary medicine, and applied functional contextualism. NDC accreditation offers you innovative clinical tools and a wealth of resources for assisting new parents with breastfeeding, sleep, unsettled infant behaviour and mental health challenges. We invite you to become part of a groundbreaking, evidence-based movement for change in early life care.
You can also participate in the Melbourne 2018 Masterclasses without joining up for NDC accreditation, as long as you've completed the pre-requisite Certification days "Evidence-based care of mothers and babies" and "Acceptance and Commitment Therapy for Perinatal and Infant Mental Health" either face to face in the past, or online.
If you join the NDC accreditation pathway (Stream 1 = health professionals, Stream 2 = medical doctors) you'll have immediate access to
- 2 days of Masterclasses (no extra fee) in Melbourne 2018 (videos available in portal subsequently), accredited with 80 Category 1 points (2 x ALMs) by the RACGP (activities 126538 and 126558); CPD point applications with ACM and IBCLE pending. Click here for Masterclasses overview
- Closed NDC Network Facebook pages facilitated by Dr Pamela Douglas, Ms Renee Keogh and Ms Renee Kam
- NDC clinical tools - photographs and videos for use in your consultations
- NDC parent handouts
- Publications detailing the NDC evidence-base
- 12 hours of videoed presentations of evidence-update ("New Clinical Tools: Mood, Breastfeeds, Sleep and Crying- the Possums' Conference" February 2017), including by
- Professor Helen Ball
- Professor Jeanine Young
- Dr Tina Smillie
- Dr Howard Chilton
- Associate Professor (Adj) Pamela Douglas
- Dr Koa Whittingham
- Powerpoint of key presentations by Dr Pamela Douglas (2015 onwards).
Live NDC Network Hours, facilitated every week by Ms Renee Keogh and Ms Renee Kam (Stream 1) or Dr Pamela Douglas (Stream 2), will commence on 11 May 2018 and continue offering weekly support until the end of your three-year registration.
- Handbook of core NDC competencies and pathway to determine that these are achieved
- Handbook of key strategies from Acceptance and Commitment Therapy suitable for perinatal consultations
- Multi-choice exam pre and post-course
- An NDC educator will assess 2 hours of your audiotaped consultations, or you will have the option of 3 hours observation in consultations with Ms Renee Keogh (Stream 1) or Dr Pamela Douglas (Stream 2) at The Possums Clinic, Brisbane
- 1 hour Skype feedback and discussion with an NDC educator after the Masterclasses and consultation exposure are finished
- Logo use: NDC Accredited Practitioner
- Promote your name, website and location on our ‘Find an NDC Accredited Practitioner’ page
- The option of renewing your accreditation every 3 years at half the initial price.
Pre-requisites: Certification Days 1 & 2 - either face to face or online.
Inquiries: please email Kourtney at email@example.com
Numbers in the Masterclasses are capped at 25 per stream. If you are an early adopter of NDC Accreditation, you will benefit from heavily discounted fees and acknowledgement as an NDC Accreditation Early Adopter.